Question
Posted by: Nan | 2007/02/20

Please give me advice

I'm really desperate. I wouldn't have asked if it was important. I'm doing a race this week-end. It consist of swimming through two rivers. The thing is, I'm scared my periods wil start by the week-end. I can't wear tampons, because I'm still a Virgin and it hurts to use it. Is there anything I can do to keep my periods away till maybe Sunday? I don't want to use contraceptives either.

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

You can try Provera, though you have left it very late. Usually you need to start a week before the period is due.

4
Posted by: Nan | 2007/02/20

Thanks a lot Dee. I really appreciate your help!!

Reply to Nan
Posted by: Dee | 2007/02/20

You can buy KY jelly at Dischem or PnP, its normally near the condoms or sanitaryware. Just relax and try putting your leg up on the toilet seat or bath, I find it easier then to insert the tampon. And try getting the mini ones, i think they are in a pink box, they really shouldnt hurt you at all. Remember to pull the string out and then insert it as far as it will go. You shouldnt be able to feel it once it is in the correct position. Good luck.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Nan | 2007/02/20

Thanks Dee

I'll try again. But I can't get it out of my head how sore the tampon made me. But I'll try it with the jelly you are talking about. Where do I get the jelly?

Reply to Nan
Posted by: Dee | 2007/02/20

Not much you can do to delay a period. If it does come by Saturday then you can try using a tampon. Get the mini ones and buy a tube of KY Jelly. Put some on the end of the tampon and it should slide right in. It will at least protect you whilst you are swimming, when you are out of the water you can change to a pad.

Reply to Dee