Question
Posted by: Hayley | 2005/11/23

please explain how it works.

My doctor has put me on Espiride, what can i expect from it? Does it encourage weight gain???

Expert ImagePharmacist

Sulpiride can help treat you if you are feeling anxious or over excited or having unpleasant and distressing thoughts. It is a relatively selective Dopamine-2-receptor antagonist and has a calming effect. Unfortunately weight gain can be a possible side effect. Other side effects may include feelings of sickness and indigestion, a dry mouth, feeling drowsy, infrequent periods or swollen breasts and problems sleeping.