Question
Posted by: Shiraleeh | 2007/12/16

Please explain

I have been for X rays on my back. Please explain the following :
Cervical Spine: There is loss of normal cervical lordosis in keeping with underlying muscle spasm.
Lumbar Spine: Aortid wall calcification is present, problaly on the basis of arthero-sclerotic disease. Facetal sclerosis was noted in relation to L5 and S1 with facetal degenerative.
Dr I will really appreciate it if you will explain this to me as I do have Fibrio Myalgae and I am really really trying my best to do eveything possible to live healthy. I execise, I am avoiding so many foods that may harm me and maybe I should just add that I am allergic to anything that contains sulphur, any form of fish and alcohol is absulute a no even in cough syrup.
Shiraleeh.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

There is simply a loss of the normal forward curve in your neck - possibly due to some muscular "tightness" or spasm. - A chiropractor could prove beneficial.
There is some calcification of the arterial wall of the Aorta - talk to your doctor about this.
Fibromyalgia does present with a variety of aches and muscular pain. There are several "natural remedies" that have proved beneficial and I would suggest you talk to your pharmacist about this - do however mention your allergy to sulphur.

1
Posted by: Cat | 2008/07/22

Hi my mother 60 years went for a scan yesterday and it showed calcification of the main aorta? she does have cholesterol and receive treatment for that.. I want to know what does this mean long term what could happen and is this treatable or not ?

Reply to Cat