Posted by: upset | 2004/11/02

please eplain

Hi Doc
i am a 23 year old, who has been trying all her life to lose weight and to no avail. I have been to a dietician lost 2kg only even though i stuck to the eating plan she gave me. I got very upset that i didnt lose more but a few months later it piled back on even though i try and eat the fat free,skim milk products etc....
i have become absolutely distressed about this that i have actuall thought about a tummy tuck, it feels like there is no solution. is there anything i can do or will i be like this forever? i do suffer from a spastic colon, and i recently got married so i have piled more weight on, so im weighing in at 70kgs. the thing is i do gym 3 times a week, and it feels like a a good workout and it is a one hour session of bike, rowing and circuit. please help the way i feel i dont even want to go to the gym anymore and i dont feel sexy for my would be greatly appreciated on any suggestions.
thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Upset
I can well understand that you are feeling frustrated. I would first suggest that you have a medical checkup to see if you don't suffer from a hormone imbalance (thyroid, insulin and female hormones) as this can hamper weight loss and pile on the kgs. When you are with the dr, discuss the option of using Xenical with him/her. Xenical works by blocking the uptake of fat from the diet thus causing weight loss. At the Congress on Obesity I attended last week good results were reported for Xenical. So consult your dr (it can only be obtained by prescription from a medical dr) and use it with a very-low-fat-diet. Although this product is relatively expensive, it would cost as much if you go onto another diet regimen involving other diet pills, shakes, etc, or that tummy tuck, so you may find that Xenical works more efficiently and helps you to lose that weight.
Good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.