Question
Posted by: peg | 2007/06/07

Please Doc Can't sleep

I went to my GP three days ago because of severe back ache. He sent me for some X-rays and in the mean time prescribed:
1. Prexige 400mg once daily
2. Pax 5mg one at night
3. Betanoid 0.5mg 2 tablets twicw daily. The packaging says I need to finish the Betanoids course and that it's a kortisone
I also take reductil 15mg once daily and a diet supplement.
I had bloodtests done last week and the report came back stating that my red blood-cells show anisacytosis.
Now my problem is this:
1. I cant sleep at night. for the past 2 nights I slept a total of 20minutes!
2. I itch really badly at night all over my body, but especially my arms, legs, tummy, ect.

I was on Treppiline about 3 months ago and also noticed the itching.
Its not the itching keeping me awake because that only started again last night. But it doesn't help.

Please help Doc!!!
I need to get some sleep.

Dear Peg
Ask your doctor to replace the Pax with Aterax 50 mg.
Prexige is anti-inflammatory - if you are allergic to things like Voltaren, Brufen and Disprin, this may be the cause of the itching.
Keep on taking your Betanoid.
Anisocytosis is often a sign of anemia.

2
Posted by: Lin | 2007/06/07

I've tried reading, I've tried soft relaxing music. I've tried a nightcap. I've tried warm milk with and without honey. I've tried Milo and Horlicks. I've tried everything! I'm just not sleeping..I'm busy reading Stephen King's Gunslinger. I stare at the ceiling because I ont want to switch the tv on and wake hubby.

Reply to Lin
Posted by: C. | 2007/06/07

Have you tried reading in bed to settle you down? I read about 5 pages of my Mr. King novel and that solidly knocks me out. What do you do when you can't sleep?

Reply to C.