Question
Posted by: Love | 2003/12/09

Please assist - Using Microval while breastfeeding

Goodday Doc

I am a mother of a 9month old baby and still breastfeeding. I am on Microval and do not have have any side-effects, just that I am getting my period 2-3 times a month. My period only returned 7 months after I gave birth. It is very frustrating because when I think my period is finished, it starts again after a day or two after it stopped.

I know some people who are using the injection bleeds for quite some time, but not people using the pill.

Is this normal?

Please assist...Thanks

Microval is a progesterone only pill, so could cause irregular bleeding. This may well settle with time. If you are not planning to breatfeed for much longer, it would be better to use the combined pill when you have finished breastfeeding.