Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2008/06/02

Please advise - pregnancy test

Hi, I stopped taking the pill about 4 months ago and my cycle has been about 26-28 days each month. I am now on day 31 and have not yet started my period although I did have some VERY LIGHT bleeding on day 29 - literally a few drops. I've taken a pregnancy test each day from day 29 and it keeps giving a negative result. Should I just wait some more and then take another test or should I go for a blood test or go to my GP? I've been under alot of stress lately, which i've heard can delay it but for how long? And it's never happened before so I don't know what to think! Please advise? Thanks!

Stress can cause you to skip a period completely, but I would suggest that you wait a week and then re-test.

3
Posted by: JAC | 2008/06/02

I would do a blood test if I was you,

Reply to JAC
Posted by: ? | 2008/06/02

hey is this the same lizzy that said you use the merina IUD on the sexologists forum? here you say you used the pill! :-)

Reply to ?
Posted by: SANDY | 2008/06/02

MY PERIOD IS LATE 8 DAYS ALREADY. ALL PREGNANCY TEST SHOWS NEGATIVE. HAVE TENDER LOWER ABDOMEN. LIZZY LOOKS LIKE WE ARE IN THE SAME TRICKY SPOT.

Reply to SANDY