Posted by: spunky | 2008/09/08

PLease Advise on this ! !

Hi there CyberShrink.... I do wonder if u can help me or advise me what nessacary things to drink ( vitamins etc )
Just over a year ago , I had to leave my husband behind in JHB , he wasnt working and my sons were helping us with the rent , etc. Eventually my sons spoke to me , and after months after helping us out , I realised that pretty soon I would end up in the streets with my household furniture being sold in lew of rent etc.
I had to leave him , but I gave him the chance to come with . He refused and why I did this is because I loved this man with all my heart and soul and most probably will do so until I die.
Once I got here, well the day I arrived I cannot remember , only bits and pieces and I know deep down in my heart , my brain has blocked me from that day , not to feel the pain , which is like sudden death.
My hair started to fall out in bunches , and to this time and day , it falls out more and more.
I am eating correctly , ( trying to at least ) and I am not a drinker or a substance abuser . What do u think the reason could be ?
I dont know , and am not sure if there is any explantion for this hair loss or is it a condition that I have ?
I thank u beforehand for the answer.

Its really hard to guess what may be wrong, as there are so many potential phsycial and psychological factors at play. You need to see a good local GO in the first place for a proper assessment and discuss on investigations and treatment to help this. The psychological stress of a situation that was so unplasant that you want to block it from memory could have played a part in this

Posted by: EL | 2008/09/08

I read somewhere that huge shock can cause a person to lose their hair!

Reply to EL