Question
Posted by: JS | 2007/06/11

Please advise doctor

Hi there Cyberdoc

About two weeks ago, I ve started with a bad cold.
I got myself a 'flu kit' from the pharmacy, which helped, I seemed to have gotten better however the only thing I have a problem with is this blocked nose, its awful, and I ve stopped counting at how many times I m blowing my nose daily.. it also makes me feel nauseous, don t know if this is indeed a symptom of the flu, or perhaps sinus, as I do tend to struggle with sinus problems
I m taking sinucon s as well now, thought that it might help, but this blocked nose, and blowing my nose every minute is making my head pounding... Please advise what would be best to take, or if I should just carry on with the sinucons.

Dear JS
You can use Drixine spray twice a day or ask your doctor to prescribe a very short course of Meticorten to just get rid of the stuffiness. He may have to look at your sinuses too to see if you need antibiotics.