Question
Posted by: Catz | 2007/04/18

Please advise CS

Hi Cybershrink,

I was bulimic for a very long time and spent time in Tara getting over my illness. Its still a battle every day, but so far I am winning. My problem is as follows. I have since picked up a lot of weight but I just can’t get going on any plan. Every diet or plan I try, I stop and give up making a million excuses as to why I can't continue.

Its like I subconsciously have just given up on even looking good again but I just don’t want to accept myself the way I am now forever. I am not happy, I don’t want to look like this anymore. I just don’t know what to do to actually start something and not self sabotage.

I have read every book there is to read. I have bought every verimark and glomail product there is to buy – it just seems to me that I want something else to lose the weight for me, instead of me just doing what makes sense and sacrificing fattening foods that I enjoy. I know that no one else and nothing else can do it for me, so why do I find it so impossible. What is wrong with my mind?

Please help me CS!

Why aren't you still seeing the folks at Tara ? Until you have remained well and stable for some time, their job is not complete, and they should still be seeing you for follow-up. CBT counselling / therapy could help on the relevant issues of self-image and self-esteem. It can help you harness your own mind and strengths to acieve the goals that would improve your health --- and costs less and works better than anything Glomail or Verimark sells.

1
Posted by: Steve | 2007/04/21

glomail just want money, don't buy into it

try running - it helps with weight AND eases stress

Reply to Steve