Posted by: Anon-Overweight | 2008/10/06

Please Advise

Hi pregnant, i need to loose or maintain if i cant loose the weight, am a 25 years old female and about 6,45 m tall and i weigh very worried i might not be healthy enough for my pregnancy...this is my second baby i gained a lot of weight with my first was at 68 kg and i went to 100kg after a year of having my little one...please help i cant afford to be more than there anything that i can do???


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Anon-Overweight
Firstly you need to see a gynaecologist to help you through this pregnancy to ensure that you and the baby are well and healthy. Secondly I urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a diet for you that prevents excessive weight gain, but also provides you and baby with all the nutrients you need to stay healthy. This is very important because you need to keep your weight in check, but the baby must still obtain enough nourishment from your diet. So for both your sakes, do see a dietitian immediately. Once you have had the baby, the dietitian will advise you on how to lose weight so that you don't gain more after this pregnancy.
Wishing you well in your pregnancy.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.