Posted by: Thandi | 2008/09/16

Please advise

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know, how do I go about getting a womb scrub, is it like having a pap-smear? Can I go into a clinic and request one or do I need to first see a gynea, then He can request/ refer?
I think I am ready to try again, however want to make sure and get myself all clean in there. I had a 33wk stillbirth in 2005. I have been afraid, that the same might happen, but now!! I feel much stronger.

Where can I get this done as I am in the Cape Town region.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Thandi

It is important to note that a D&C (womb scrub) should be undertaken by a qualified gynaecologist and in your case, you may want to combine this with a laparoscope and tubal evaluation as well. Both procedures require general anesthesia if one wants to be thorough.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.