Question
Posted by: Suzie | 2008/01/29

Please advise ....

Hi there cybervet,

I need to know if there is anything I can do to stop my dog barking the whole night.
My dog is a Cheo(spelling?) As I've read, these dogs dont normally bark at just anything.
He is now 8months old.
For the last week he started barking everynight between 11 and 12 and we cant seem to stop him.
If we look outside there is really nothing specific he barks at.
Is this just a stage he goes through? Should we send him for dog-training? What can we do to stop this.....?

thanx

It is possible that the full moon set him off. Some dogs begin to bark at full moon because they can see further. Have you tried keeping him in of a night? The other thing to do would be to stay un with him til that time and reassure him everything is OK. and then reward him for not barking.