Posted by: Char | 2007/04/02

Please Advise

My husband has got a problem with bleeding piles (we think it is that), please could you advise me on what type of doc he would need to see to sort out this problem.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Well, certainly not a psychiatrist or other shrink! A GP should be able to advise ; general surgeon or proctologist would be the guy most likely to treat it

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/03

As Anon says you must get him checked out as it could be something small like an anal fissure (where he just has a small perforation on the bum from sitting on the loo too long) or it could be something more serious.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: anon | 2007/04/02

Start off with your GP, he can refer him to see a Gastroent. or Specialist Physician. Usually its totally harmless but needs to be seen to. A GP can examine him usually prescribe scheriproct. It can be caused by haemorroids or fissures. Its important to make sure its nothing serious like a tumour, sometimes they can be cancerous. Post on Cyberdoc's forum as Cybershrink is a Psychiatrist, usually deals with peoples minds and not behinds, pardon the pun.

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.