Question
Posted by: Char | 2007/04/02

Please Advise

My husband has got a problem with bleeding piles (we think it is that), please could you advise me on what type of doc he would need to see to sort out this problem.

Thanks.

Well, certainly not a psychiatrist or other shrink! A GP should be able to advise ; general surgeon or proctologist would be the guy most likely to treat it

2
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/03

As Anon says you must get him checked out as it could be something small like an anal fissure (where he just has a small perforation on the bum from sitting on the loo too long) or it could be something more serious.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: anon | 2007/04/02

Start off with your GP, he can refer him to see a Gastroent. or Specialist Physician. Usually its totally harmless but needs to be seen to. A GP can examine him usually prescribe scheriproct. It can be caused by haemorroids or fissures. Its important to make sure its nothing serious like a tumour, sometimes they can be cancerous. Post on Cyberdoc's forum as Cybershrink is a Psychiatrist, usually deals with peoples minds and not behinds, pardon the pun.

Reply to anon