Question
Posted by: Dee | 2004/11/22

Please advise

Hi there,

I have been on numerous diets and nothing seem to work. I then decided to go it healthy. Eating the correct porridge, the next five meals the way I should. I have also been drinking the 2 to 2,5L water everyday. I then found that I am gaining weight instead of losing it. I am very tired of myself and feel miserable because I have been doing everything right for a change and still cant lose weight. I am very active during the day, I climb two sets of very steep stairs 13 to 15 times a day. My office is on the one side and the other offices on the other side. A few years ago it was found that I am allergic to so many things incl. everyting with a acid content (oranges, tomatoes, pineapples and cucumber) and everything with colouring like carrots. I am also allergic to our water. There are many more things that I told the doctor how am I supposed to live if should not be able to eat most of these things.
Please help me!!

Dear Dee
Because you seem to have a very complex problem, including overweight, with possible insulin resistance and allergies, I would strongly urge you to consult consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will assist you with a slimming diet that avoids these foods you are allergic to.