Posted by: Dog lover | 2008/09/29

Please advice

I have a labrador/basset hound - he is about 11 years old.He is sleeping outside, but winter time I let him sleep in the house with my 2 other dogs(Both bitches). In the summer when he is sleeping outside - he is howling at our bedroom window from half past four in the morning - so bad that we can' t sleep. I cannot let him sleep in the house permanently due to the fact that he is marking his area against everything in my house.
Is there anything I can do to stop his howling in the morning - I am afraid that some of the neigbours are going to complain if I don' t stop this

Dear Dog lover

I would suggest to let him in but kennel,him so he can't go around marking everywhere.

Posted by: m | 2008/09/30

Why can' t the dog sleep inside as well. we have 3 dogs and they sleep inside. they are house trained so we don' t have problems with them. they wake us up at night if they want to go and do their bussiness. There is nothing wrong with a dog sleeping inside. the dog must feel left out if it has to sleep outside and the others inside. sies... let the dog sleep with his friends. like chilli said get him a kennel. people that make wendy houses can build u a costom one according to the space u have available.

Reply to m
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/29

One of my dogs has an indoor kennel - the ONLY disadvantage is the space it takes up - but in every other way, it' s the perfect solution. She' s happy and safe in there, and I know she can' t get into trouble!

What you want is one of those airline ' crate'  things - they come in wood, but the best is one called a Skykennel - synthetic, washable, secure. Just make sure it' s big enough.

Tip: phone some of the international airlines about getting a second-hand one - MUCH cheaper. People have to buy one to transport their dog, but often don' t want it - or don' t realise they ' own'  it - and leave it behind.

Reply to Chill