Question
Posted by: Liz | 2006/04/04

Please Advice

I went to my Gynae appointment yesterday. He said that the baby weigh 1/half kilos. Iam 32 weeks pregnant. Does that means my baby is to small or is it normal? My first baby was delivered at 3,6. I have a big tummy people think I am carying a big Baba or having twins.

1.5 kgs at 32 weeks is about average

1
Posted by: sue | 2006/04/04

Hi Liz

Could be that you are carrying lots of water, which would account for the big tum. 1.5 kgs sounds normal for 32 weeks. One of my friends just gave birth to a 3.4 kg baby and at 30 weeks her baby weighed 1.2kgs.

If you're concerned, phone up your gynae and chat to his receptionist about this - they usually pick up all sorts of info being in that environment, so could put your mind at rest.

Reply to sue