Question
Posted by: Lizeka | 2005/07/14

Please advice

Hi Doc and Ladies!

I may sound stupid but i really don't know, I wan't to know about ovarian cyst and how do you treat it, what cause that? I had a terrible pain on my left side(abdomen)just on top of my "Nunu" as they said and i went to my gp yesterday i was not happy she was in such a hurry she said maybe is your menstrual pain maybe is an ovarian cyst and she gave me pain tablets and i did not take them. as last she said i must avoid medicines as i am ttcing and iam sopposed to get my period today or tommorrow.

Your help is highly appreciated

Lots of xxx

The treatment of cysts depends on their size. Sometimes hormone pills can be used, other times surgery is needed.

7
Posted by: Tess | 2005/07/14

Hi Lizeka

I had ovarien cyst in March at 1st they did a laporoctomy of which (gynea) could not such out completely coz there was this big one about 8cm & they had to oparate(c-section) very sore!!!I asked my gynea what was the cause for it and he said its normal for a young woman to have it but my was growing abnormally he had to remove it as there is no treatment for the big one I had.

Since removing it I have also been ttcing Im experiencing abdominal paid since monday and a bit of headache for the past 4 days could it be menstual pains?can they take a week?my next period is due next week tuesday.

Liz I hope and pray that u preggies keep us posted.

Reply to Tess
Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/14

Hi Lizeka,

A cyst in early pregnancy is common/normal. It is called a Corpus Leutem Cyst of Pregnancy. This is what supports the baby before the placenta takes over it's job. I think you should get a second opinion if the paid persists for a couple of days - good luck.

Reply to CC1
Posted by: NM | 2005/07/14

Lizeka

I totally agree with SLC. I had a cyst early in my pregnancy and my GP said he wouldn't give me anything for it cause of my pregnancy. Luckily the cyst went away on its own after a weeks weeks.

Good luck!

Reply to NM
Posted by: Lizeka | 2005/07/14

Thank Ladies!

SLC - i will wait till monday ,then i will do hpt i hope is not the ovarian cyst preggies will excellent. Thank you for comment.

Reply to Lizeka
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/14

TTC - Trying to conceive.

Lizeka - I would wait to see if your period does arrive. If not then do a pregnancy test. Pain in that area is common in early pregnancy as the ligaments start stretching. Just wait & see.

If your period does arrive then go for a second opinion or to your gynae & let them check that you don't have any cysts.

Reply to SLC
Posted by: Dee | 2005/07/14

I dont know a lot about ovarian cyst but this much i know:painkillers alone will not hepl.You need to see a gynae for thorough assesment and demand a full examination.Your gynae will most likely do a sonar examination of your womb and overies.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: girl | 2005/07/14

hi

what is ttcing?

thanks

Reply to girl