Question
Posted by: unsure | 2007/03/02

please

Hi I have been diagnosed with deppresion and anxiety but feel something isn't right.My moods go from average to suicidal in a matter of seconds and only last about 20 minutes.I feel like there is war going on in my mind.I constantly have negative thoughts being challenged and it feels like I have conversations in my mind.I battle to be with people and speak my mind because of my anxiety and fear of what people might think of me so I isolate.I feel like people look at me in a bad way and are judging me, against me.I know I have a low self esteem and suffer from an eating prob but I feel inadequate and inferior to everyone. I feel like people watch me and even feel like people have put cameras in the bathroom.I don't trust people at all and I believe that God is against me and demons are very much wanting to hurt me.I can feel it sometimes and it scares me.What's wrong with me please give me advise, no one has helped so far.

Such rapid mood shifts are not typical of ordinary Depression. CBT would be the solution to those automatic negative thoughts and low self-esteem. And the paranoid ideas would benefit from some different, anti-psychotic meds, too. I'd recommend that you get a second opinion, and be sure to tell the new shrink all that you have mentioned in this message.

2
Posted by: Britty | 2007/03/04

If we can be sure of one tlhng on this earth besides death its the love of God - a very religious friend was recently horrified when she asked who I loved more, God or my husband - I replied instantly that I loved God more as my husband could always leave me but God never would. CS's advice is good and you will always get a listening ear on this forum. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/02

God is not against you! All you have to do is believe in him and pray! He will do everything in HIS time!

Good luck with you and hope you feel better! And you need to talk to someone!

Be strong :-)

Reply to Echelle