Question
Posted by: Tash | 2004/01/08

Pleas help Urgent Am I Loosing My Baby

H! Doc or Anyone
Please tell if this is right or not?
I`m 4weeks & 4Days preg. i went to my Gynae and ask him to have a look to see if i`m preg. or not, cause i did have my period and i had all the symtoms of pregnancy. Before i went to him i had this pain and that even make go quicker that i taught.
Went to him he did a scan and say that he cant see anything and that he think that i must go for a DNC cause he think i have an infection in my whom.Something told me not to go for the DNC and so i made another appointment with other Gynae and he confirm that i am pregnant and told that im 4weeks 4days he also say that there is an infection in my whom and he prescribe me some Antibiotics(Metazol & Erythro) to treat the infection.the problem is that when i drink the Tablets than im in allot of pain. Today i drink it again and i was bleeding allot and the pain is very bad.The nice part is when i phoned him to ask him if i can come see him today so that he can s whats wrong he told me that i must wait till tomorrow cause my next appointment with him is for tomorrow.
My question is 1) is the tablets that he prescribe the right ones?
2) Am i busy loosing my Baby?
PLEASE ANY ADIVISE WILL DO PLEASE????????

THANK YOU DOC FOR THIS WONDERFULL WEBSITE!
GOD BLESS!!!!!

If you have pain and bleeding, this could mean that you are miscarrying. The antibiotics are fine, but you should get an emergency appointment.

4
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/08

Hi tash

If your doctor wont see you today go to the hospital that you planned to have tha baby at. They will call the gynae on duty and he will come and see you in his evening rounds. You are not likely to get to see another doctor today still as they will be to fully booked so this would be best if you are bleeding alot. I did this at 5 in the morning when I was 17 weeks pregnant and bleeding alot. I wasn't willing to wait till the doctor was at his rooms later in the morning. They called the gynae on duty and I was seen to within an hour.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Tash | 2004/01/08

Thank! you Guys i really appreciate it and i will defenitely go see someone else and will let you guys know whats happening.
I will like to hear what the doc has to say.
but Good luck you guys and everything of the best
Thank you!
Tash

Reply to Tash
Posted by: tlc | 2004/01/08

Tash,
Firstly i think you need to see a different gynea because from the things you are saying,your doctors do not know what exactly they are doing or they are more interested in making money.Your doctor should have seen you today because it is an emergency.Bleeding is not what you want to see when you are pregnant.Like Anita said i think you have lost your baby.Please seek better help and sort out the infection in your womb before you get pregnant again.
Best of wishes.

Reply to tlc
Posted by: Anita | 2004/01/08

Hi Tash

I know you don't want to hear this, but I suspect that you lost your baby.

To make sure though, please go and see another doctor, or do a blood test. But I suggest you go see a doctor who knows what he is doing to treat the infection as soon as possible.

I know exactly what you are going through cause I also lost my first baby at 4weeks. 5 Months after this I fell pregnant again and I'm at 15weeks at the moment. So there is still hope to fall pregnant again!

Good Luck. You'll be in my thoughts!!

Reply to Anita