Question
Posted by: Carms | 2008/01/25

Pleas help

I sometimes experience a burning and tickling feeling at the end of my finger tips, is doesnt happen all the time, but comes now and again, my finger tips get red that it feelslike it will expolde,
Im not sure what causes this, please help
Thanx

Dear Carms

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It sounds like if you are suffering from Raynaud Phenomenon. It is episodic, vasospastic attacks of finder/toe blood vessels. This is caused by smoking, cold conditions and emotional stress which leads to excessive vessel constriction. Your fingers/toes will have a blue, withe discoloration with decreased blood flow and redness as the vessels dilate and the blood flow returns and you will have a throbbing, tingling feeling in those areas. The episodes may last minutes to hours. It can be treated by keeping your hands warm and to control your stress.

Kind regards