Question
Posted by: B | 2003/03/12

Plateau!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so frustrated, upset and don't know what to do. I first went to Weigh-Less in Nov 2001 weighing 71.4 kg. My goal weight was set at 60 kg. I then lost consistently until about May, when my weight loss slowed down to about 0.2 a week. I then got stuck betwen 63 and 64 with my weight fluctuating around this area. Then over past 3 months, my weight has graduaaly increased and I now weigh 66.8kg. However despite my increased weight, there has been no major change in my measurements -- up 1 or 2 cm on my hips and that's it! I don't feel like I've put on about 4 kg but apparently I have? What is going on? I follow the Weigh-Less diet religiously. I do 60 min cardio (kickbozing, boxing or cardio machines) 4 - 5 times a week and weights 2 - 3 times a week. I drink about 3 times a day. My doctor has tested me for thyroid and diabetes and both were normal. What is going on? My goal weight is getting further and further out of reach and I am getting more and more despondent! Please help me to understand and correct this problem.

Dear B
I can't work out if you are overweight or not because I don't have your height in metres. If you calculate your BMI (click on 'Diet' and 'Tools' to work it out) and it is between 18 and 25, then you have already reached normal weight and your body will resist losing more weight. If your BMI is above 25 then you are overweight and you will need to lose those extra kgs. I can only suggest that with all your exercise you are building muscle tissue which weighs more than fat and is mirrored by the fact that you are not increasing much in size. I think you need to sit down with your Weighless counsellor and discuss this problem, to see if you can't prompt your metabolism a bit by going back to phase A. You can also try taking chromium picolinate or polynicotate at a dose of 200 microgram a day (don't take more or less as this is the optimum dose) to stimulate your weight loss. One other factor can influence weight loss namely depression. If you suspect that you may be depressed then please go for treatment with a clinical psychologist.

1
Posted by: Yellosub | 2003/03/13

Hello
Why dont you try the RICE diet.
That is what it is.
Fruit for breakfast.
3/4 cup cooked Rice (no salt allowed) + 2 fruit for lunc and supper.
Water 2ltr.
It works
Yellosub
PS I am on day 11

Reply to Yellosub