Question
Posted by: Plastic Weight Loss | 2008/07/15

Plastic Wrapping Leading to Weight Loss

Good Afternoon

A friend once told me that she used to wrap herself in bin bags and then go running in order to lose weight / burn more fat.

Apparently being wrapped in plastic causes one to sweat more and leads to greater weight loss.

Last week, colleague told my sister the same thing.

The colleague is part of a very sport-orientated family and engages in wrestling and boxing. Her children are also active in various sports.

She says that she and, even her children, wrap themselves in plastic in order to sweat and lose weight. They do this by sitting in the car with the heat turned up or even just sitting infront of the heater.

Is there any truth to this?
Could one do this in summer?
Are there any side-effects?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Dear Plastic weight loss
Sweating will cause fluid loss, not fat loss – fat does not melt when you are hot ( unfortunately) - the only way to get rid of it is to use the energy up! So yes, exercise helps, wrapping you in plastic NOT