Posted by: ANNA-MARIE | 2008/11/07


I am 43 years old and was told by my docter that I have planter fasciitis in my right foot. It is extremely painful especially in the morning when I wake up. I have had a cortisone injection into my foot next to the malleolus in the inside of my foot with a little relief. This was so painful that I really do not want to have another one. What can I do because I am getting tired of walking with pain at the moment. The only shoes I can wear now are crocks because they are soft, but my boss says they look unprofessional. How long will this pain persist.

Many thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Anna-Marie

Plantar fasciitis is a complicated and often frustrating condition to treat because there are so many factors that can cause it. A full examination should include an assessment of your shoes, muscles of the lower leg and foot type. You should also have an x-ray to check if there is a heel spur. Treating plantar fasciitis involves changing incorrect shoes, losing weight, muscle stretching exercises, ice therapy, anti-inflammatories and possibly a presciption insole or orthotic. You need to go and see a podiatrist as this is a condition that we treat all the time.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.