Question
Posted by: deanne | 2007/08/02

plantar fasciatis

please help! i am desperate - been to a podiatrist, got orthotics, which i wear for most of the day. i have had physio, cortisone injection, been on crutches for three weeks, stopped running, and i still have pain between the heel and the arch of my foot! just general walking around hurts my foot. i am only 32 years old, and feel like an 80 year old that has constant pain and can't walk. what more can i do? is it possible that the orthotics are incorrect? my shoes have also been checked by podiatrist.

Expert ImageArchive

Sadly you are doing it all correctly but Plantar fasciitis can be very stubborn
Ask your podiatrist to check 2 things on your orthotics
1) He must add a fascia accommodation band
2) He must check for sagittal plane block.
he can call me via the SA Podiatry assn number 0861 100 249 if he wants

print this out and take it to him/her