Question
Posted by: thuls | 2007/12/19

placenta stuck after miscarriage

I am 31 yrs old, I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks through loss of ameotic fluid. Labour had to be induced by a pill inserted into by vagina. I went into labour, and the embryo got out but the placenta was left inside. The nurses told me I had to wait for the doctor to remove it. I was in such a pain waiting for the doctor to arrive, so I pushed and pushed until the placenta got out, by the time the doctor came, the placenta was out. No d and c was done.
I have been trying for a year now to have a baby without any success, could my pushing out the placenta being the cause. I also have fibroids which were very far away from the baby according to the doctors ultra sound. Please Help

Pushing out the placenta is pretty normal. It would not have causes fertility problems. There maybe another cause, so see your gynaecologist.