Question
Posted by: ally | 2004/11/06

placenta problems

i am 21 weeks pregnant and was told that my placenta has not moved up, and that i can start bleeding i would like to do anything to prevent the bleeding if it should occur can you please provide me with more info.

There is nothing you can do to prevent bleeding, except avoiding intercourse. There is still plenty of time in which the placenta may move.

1
Posted by: Leigh-Anne | 2004/11/06

The only thing you can do is to take things easy (not engage in any strenuous physical activity), and you should also avoid intercourse. It would be a good idea to ensure that you take iron supplements so that, if you do suddenly experience any serious bleeding, it will be less life-threatening that what would possibly be the case, were you to be anaemic even to start off with.

Reply to Leigh-Anne