Question
Posted by: Bronwyn | 2004/01/28

PLACENTA PROBLEMS

I recently went for a scan, i am about 7 months pregnant, they found a hypoechoic in my placenta, she asked me if i had been bleeding and i said no, plus the babies one kidney is bigger than the other. Please help as they told me not to worry that i have a hypoechoic in my placenta. I would like to know if it is anything to worry about and what is it and is the baby in danger. PLease could you email me your response, many thanks

Bronwyn

It may be that there was some bleeding from the placenta or it may be a placental lake, which has no significance.
You would have to give me more information about the kidney. Was it normal in appearance but larger, or was it thought to look abnormal? Was any part of the kidney dilated?