Question
Posted by: Vel | 2004/11/29

Placenta Previa

I am about 15 weeks and 3 days pregnant. (Second pregnancy first 10 yrs ago). Been hospitalised twice with placenta previa problems. Bleeding occured into the 12th week of my pregnancy. Stopped for a week and then started again. Hospitalised again into the 14th week and still bleeding. (They say that the baby is fine). I am back at work and taking it really easy. I am really getting worried now because it is not stopping. Have an appointment with a Gynae tomorrow to get a second opinion. What could possibly be happening. I really dread having a miscarriage. Pls help

You are having a threatened miscarriage. 80% will settle and the pregnancy will continue normally, but 20% will go on to miscarry. There isn't much you can do to prevent this, except taking things easy and avoiding intercourse.