Question
Posted by: cruz | 2004/10/23

Placenta Praevia (Advise please)

I am now 15 weeks pregnant and I started spotting on Thursday. I nearly died with fright. I contacted my Gynie immediatly and I saw him on Friday where he confirmed that a portion of the placenta was lying on my cervix . I was given instructions to stay very quite for the rest of my prgnancy, and If the placenta does not move I will have to have a ceaser.

This has really scared the hell out of me. I would like to know if anybody else has been though it, and if you have any advice to offer.

Many women have low lying placentas at 15 weeks and the majority of these will move by term. For now, bedrest and avoiding intercourse are the things to do.

1
Posted by: Lisa | 2004/10/23

My mother had this condition when she was pregnant with my sister. She had to have a caesarian section. I assume this is not your first pregnancy, as it is a condition which seldom occurs in first pregnancies.

Reply to Lisa