Question
Posted by: mamma mia | 2008/01/15

PLACENTA

My daughter is 35 year old, living in England and is 40 weeks pregnant with her first child. My concern is that she had only one scan /ultra sound when she was 3 months pregnant...never been to a gynae or Dr but only to a midwife on a regular basis.

Her stomach is very hard, and I was reading that this may be a sign of problems with the placenta??

Kindly let me know what are the signs should there be any problems with the placenta.

Your prompt answer will be appreciated

I think you are thinking of tearing loose of the placenta. This would cause bleeding and severe pain. The hardening may be contractions near the start of labour.

1
Posted by: waseelah | 2008/05/07

Hi. I am looking for info on partial dyda(r)atidiform mole. My sister in law had 2 misscarriages due to the above mentioned problem.

Reply to waseelah