Posted by: Lesley Milne | 2011/09/13


Hi, I have been diagnosed with polycystic kidneys. I am only seeing a GP who is very dismissive about it. I have been getting a lot of pain in my back which is steadily getting worse. I live on the Bliff in Durban, is there a doctor you could recommend that I can go see that knows about PKD and can help me?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you contact your nearest private hospital for the details of a nephrologist (kidney specialist). Unfortunately, I am situated in Cape Town and am not familiar with the specialists in your area.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: x | 2011/09/13

Have you tried Dr Jansen (now at Hillcrest Private Hospital)...upper highway, Durban area ? He is a urologist and extremely good. He will check you thoroughlly.

Reply to x
Posted by: Lesley Milne | 2011/09/13

I meant Bluff not Bliff :)

Reply to Lesley Milne

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.