Question
Posted by: Carole | 2006/11/08

Piturity tumour and weight

HI Doc, thank you for your reply about my problm. you suggested an endo, i have been to numerous ones, and they cant figure out the weight problem, and my latest one told me that it is my own doing!

Dear Carole
That is not helpful, but if your pituitary tumour is not interfering with your weight then I suggest that you try using Weigh-Less or Weight Watchers to control your weight. Or aks one of these many drs you have seen to prescribe Xenical for you. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. Continue with the exercise as this does promote weight loss and prevents additional weight gain - try to increase your exercise intensity and the length of the exercise period (but only if this does not aggravate the tumour - so check with your treating dr first before you increase your exercise).
Hoping that you do get to lose that weight