Question
Posted by: LH | 2005/07/04

Pituitary gland

Hi there!

I would like to find out if it is true that I will not be able to fall pregnant, if my pituitary gland is not functioning properly?

My kinesiologist says that my pituitary gland is not functioning properly & that this is causing only my one ovary to be working.

So far no gynea has picked this up (not that we have tried to fall pregnant).

I would like to find out what my chances are of falling pregnant?

LH

If there is a tumour of the pituitary gland, this can interfere with falling pregnant. It would usually present with absent periods and milk production frrom the breasts. It can be diagnosed by measuring prolactin levels.