Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2007/12/10

Pins & needle on the top of my foot

The top of my right foot has had pin & needle for over a week. I attended a function and wore a high shoe that crossed over the top of my foot. Having a high instep could it have caused nerve damage? I exercise quite a lot & have had back problems relating to my running. I am concerned that this may be an indictaion of a more serious problem possibly related to my back. My back is not sore at present. I have been to a chiro on numerous occasions.

Hi Samantha
You probably bruised one of the superficial nerves on the bridge of the foot - try using Voltaren gel, and give it some time, it will probably come right by itself.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: yunus | 2008/05/01

I cut myself with a knife on my left hand around the thumb. As a result my thumb is swollen, and cannot use it at all. the cut was treated and took a course of antibiotics, also took brufen to reduce the swelling but a week later the swelling has'nt come down, although the cut has healed. I get a sharp pain like an electric shock when the base of the thumb is touched. Is this going to heal itself? or do I need treatment? I am 56 years old.

Reply to yunus
Posted by: Yunus | 2008/05/01

Reply to Yunus