Question
Posted by: Roxy | 2008/05/27

pins and needles

Hi doc
I have pins and needles in the middle three toes in my left foot. It is particularlt bad in the morning.I was told it could be siatica. My calf muscles feel as though it has a lumps in them and feels painfull at times. I can even pinpoint the exact place some times. This happens particularly when i have been on my feet all day. Im concerned it might be a circulation problem. please help... Thank you

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is not a circulation problem. The lumps in your legs, are muscles spasm. I recommend that you consult a specialist, in order to have x-rays of your lower back done and possibly a MRI of your lower back. It definately sounds like as if you have nerve inpinchment in your back or along the nerve that supplies the leg of sensation and motorfunction.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Grant | 2009/04/23

pins and needles left foot and swelling ankle

Reply to Grant
Posted by: lynn | 2008/11/23

I have for the last 6weeks been getting pins and needles in my arms and hands and now my ankles are swollen (oedema) , I am on welbrutin for depression for 9mnths already and have gained 7kgs in that time . Should i be concerned ?

Reply to lynn