Question
Posted by: Carz | 2004/02/23

Pins And Needles

Yesterday I was training on the bike in the gym and when I got off I got really bad pins and needles and then my foot cramped up. I did not train very hard and I am 22. I have a problem with my second last toe as it is badly bent under. This toe always gives me problems and I think yesterdays incident could be a result of that. What can I do to improve circulation my foot in general and do you think I should have my toe broken and repositioned?

The pins and needles were all in my right foot, it started more or less in the front of the foot and worked its way backwards. The cramp also started from my funny toe and spread to the whole foot. The pins and needle lasted about half and hour and the cramp for about a minute. I have bad circulation and as a result my feet are always cold.

Carz, I think the best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon and have him sort it out for you. It still sounds like it might be due to a neurological or blood supply problem, but I can’t say for sure without examining you first. Good luck.