Question
Posted by: Crystal | 2004/12/21

Pink eye !!!

I had pink eye last week and was booked off for 3 days. I was prescribed a tube of cream which was supposed to be applied 3 x a day for 5 days. I done this and am now back at work. the problem is i occasionally get a burning sensation in that eye and it is also constantly blurring and my eyelid feels like it is dragging. Could i still be infected or have a caused permanent damage by only consulting the doctor after 4 days of having the pink eye. just for the record i didnt know it was pink eye thats why i left it so late until i woke up last week monday looking like i was punched in the eye by a WWF wrestler. please advise!!!

Crystal, it sounds like the infection hasn’t cleared up completely probably because the treatment wasn’t strong enough. I doubt that any permanent damage has been done and all you need to do is get something stronger if it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this reply. Good luck.