Question
Posted by: stan's wife | 2007/07/27

pinched nerves-what to do?

Hello. My husband Stan posted a query some time ago about the numbness and pain I get in my neck/shoulder/arms and it was suggested that I could have a pinched nerve due to spine deterioration or a bone spur. I had ordinary x-rays which showed a little arthritis in the spine which may or may not have been the cause. I had some physio which helped temporarily. The condition has worsened. More than 50% of the time I have a pinched nerve type pain in my neck and/or shoulder/s and/or arm/s and or buttock/s and/or leg/s. I try to keep moving and stretching but it seldom helps. The GP just prescribes pain meds and physio, which as I said before, has only temporary effect and recently once made it worse. I probably have 25 years of life left and would prefer not to be in pain. Is there any permanent treatment for this condition?

Dear Stan's wife

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a Neuro Surgeon, to have a MRI study of your spine done, in order for him/her to make the correct diagnosis.

Kind regards