Question
Posted by: Jay | 2009/10/26

Pinched nerve

I am a long distance runner and have been diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my lower back.I have had physio and been to a chiropractor.I have not run for 3 weeks. Also doing stretching and i have improved.How long does this take to heal.Is there anything else I can do.

Hi Jay

It's really difficult (in fact, impossible) for me to answer this given that you've already seen a physio and chiropractor. They'd be able to give you that answer instantly, I would be guessing. Usually a couple of weeks of rehab, followed by a gradual return to activity, and normal activity in 3 to 4 weeks. That's the norm, and if you've been having treatment, then you're course for that. The best by far is to speak to those who are closely involved in treatment and have them help guide the return to normal training as well as treat it.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/29

Hi Jay

Reply to fitnessdoc