Question
Posted by: Jean | 2003/12/10

Pinched Nerve!

Hi!I went to a female wellness clinic yesterday and the gp says I have a "pinched nerve " in my left shoulder/neck etc.I have had extreme pain for nearly 2 weeks.Sometimes it effects my arm/s...?I was given a Voltaren injection but didnt help?I was prescribed Xeed AMG for 5 days but havent started as I have a cough and am taking mediceine for this now.She said if I dont get relief I must come back in 5- 7 days.What else can she do for me?Would I need physio?I have had problems with my neck/shoulders since a kid when carried heavy school bags and did shopping for my mum ( no car)Over the years when i worked in a creche it got worse but I had no money to treat it....Is it to late?I am currently feeling depressed as I am tired of pain...Please help!Jean *

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Jean
I am not a fan of the term pinched nerve, so I would say that the discomfort and perhaps even the way you are veiwing the problem are holding you in the pain pattern.
Try rubbing your left chest muscles - you are looking for some very sensitive areas - work then quite hard - we are trying to unlock your defensive positions.
This should free the shoulder up and allow you to no longer have pain.
Douglas