Posted by: Daryn | 2008/07/24

Pimples Type Things

I have had a lip piercing, just below my bottom lip for about a year and a few months now, and when i 1st got it, i got keloids which are normal whitish things around it and after awhile they went away... but now i get these very nasty pimple type festered things around the piercing.. they look scaby type and when squeezed a kinda pus does come out like a pimple.
I don' t continuously wear the piercing though i sometimes take it out during the day and then only wear it again when i go sleep so the hole doesn' t close... Could the continuous pushing in and pulling out be affecting it or could it be something else, it looks much neater after i have shaved though. Then a day after they come back.

Hi Daryn
It could be that you are allergic to the metal - try to avoid anything that could contain nickel. Stainless steel or gold would be the best. If pussy, clean with surgical spirits and use Bactroban ointment on the area.
Just be aware that these kind of piercings can cause permanent damage to your teeth too if it has contact with the enamel of the teeth.

Posted by: Anne | 2008/07/25

What about using titanium jewellery. My belly ring did the same and since I' ve swapped to titanium jewellery I' ve never had another day' s problems again

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Daryn | 2008/07/24

Thanks both
That is a good idea, i was thinking of not wearing it but then it will close indefinitely, it closes if i dont wear it when i sleep, then must push it through again..
But will think about it :)

Reply to Daryn
Posted by: P | 2008/07/24

Why don' t you try not using the piercing for a few days? Maybe it' s an allergy... I know when I wear earrings that are not of gold or silver, my ear holes get itchy and sometimes they get pus too. And the more I touch them, the worse it is. I suppose a hole below your lip would close faster than in your earlobe, but in any case I don' t think you need to wear your piercing more than once a week. I got my holes done 6 or 7 years ago, wore my earrings often in the first months and now I only wear them once or twice a year and my holes are still there. I also think using alcohol would help desinfect the area.

Other option is never use your piercing again...

Reply to P