Question
Posted by: mb | 2007/06/18

pimple on mole-cancer?

hi
i have 2 moles/beauty spots(raised) on my face and i constantly check them for any changes-i also apply sunblock spf33 daily to protect my skin from cancer-
i recently noticed that i had tiny bump on the edge of 1 of my moles. i inadvertently scratched it and it started bleeding-the size of the hole was abt the size of a pin head-
should i have it checked-i dnt realy have skin cancer in the famly bt do have breastcancer-in my fathers side of the famly.
i also have a reasonable amount of hair growing out of these moles which i pluck out becos of their length-is this normal?
thank u for ur time.

Dear MB
If you see any change in a mole it is always safer to let a dermatologist or your GP have a look as they can be normal for years and then cause problems. Plucking the hair wont cause problems and one often finds that these moles grow hair. Rather have this checked.