Question
Posted by: DEX | 2005/12/13

Pimple on face and back of arm

My son has pimples on his face and the back of his arms.
He is almost 14 months old and I use Epi-max on his skin.
The pimples are getting worse on his face and gets red sometimes
and it sometimes has white spots in in. It used to come and go but this time it getting worse.
What do you suggest that I use. He drinks Nido.

Dear Dex,
Some babies get white pimples on the face - it is due to the little oilglands on the skin that overproduces. Just keep the skin clean and try to use a waterbased cream instead of a oil based ointment on the skin. Don't try and open them or squeeze them and don't use acne medication on his face. It will go away by itself. If it is really bad ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist for treatment. DO not self medicate your baby's skin please.