Posted by: worried | 2010/02/14


hi doctor

i have a huge dark red pimple, on my bum, between the cheeks. i' ve tried squeezing it twice, but it just bleeds and leaks clear fluid. its very sore and to sit or walk or move. i felt it for the first time on saturday. after squeezing i' ve applied bactroban, but am very worried because of where it is, and maybe getting infected after going to the toilet.
please help! what should i do?

thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

It is important to consult your doctor for an examination to determine if it is a small abscess that can be treated with antibiotics and topical cream or if it is an anal fistula. An anal fistula should be treated surgically and will not respond to antibiotics or topical antibiotic cream.

Refer to the following link regarding anal fistula:


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.