Posted by: Worried/Stressed | 2009/01/30


Hi Doc

I have for the past 2 months has a pimple sort of lump on my bum. I have been to my gp twice and he has given me antibiotics. It got better for about a week a came back again. It has now come to a point that i cannot sit or walk without being in extreme pain. He had told me it could be an ingrown hair but somehow i dont think it is. It is about the size of a R2 coin and is very sensitive. Please please can you help me or refer me to a doctor who can actually diagnose the problem.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you make an appointment with a dermatologist, in for him/her to evaluate the lesion and to consider a formal incision and drainage.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: BBBB | 2009/01/30

I had an abscess 3 times in my ass. The Dr opened and drained it. Then I sat in Dettol water (5min at a time) to keep it clean.

Reply to BBBB
Posted by: Neo | 2009/01/30

Migt be an abscess which is causing the severe pain. I think you must go back and ask your GP to make a small cut to drain it.

Reply to Neo

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.