Posted by: In Pain | 2012/10/22

Pilondial cyst?

Good day

I suspect I might have a pilondial cyst. A few days ago I could feel a dull pain near my coccyx.(not directly above it, more to the left of my cheek) After a few days a lump started forming but it does not look like a pit or boil. It is mostly flat and as big as a R2 but extremely painful now. I was lying down with a hot water bottle on it for most of the weekend now it seems bigger and I am really struggling to sit or lie down on my back.
I am way too embarrassed and scared to consider going to the GP to have it lanced. Can I rather get a drawing out cream? Any name/s you can suggest and/or antibiotics??? This is so painful but I cant bear to go for an op or have this cut and prodded in a GP room, which will also be expensive i presume.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

You can apply Bactroban ointment to the area and use Myprodol capsules to ease the pain and to reduce the inflammation. If there is no response to this treatment, you will have to consult your GP for an incision and drainage.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.