Question
Posted by: jay | 2007/04/09

pills efficacy?

I am currently on yasmin and normally take the pill at about nine in the morning everyday. I had sex the other morning at about eight and only took my pill at about ten or eleven that day. Would i be protected during that time that i had sex? also i had very bad diarroeah later that night, would that have effected the pills efficacy and am i protected? thanx very much

A few hours delay in taking the Pill will not matter. The diarrhoea could affect absorpion though. If the diarrhoea was within 6 hours of taking the Pill it would be better to use extra precuaitons for a week.