Question
Posted by: Sara | 2007/05/14

Pill worry

I have just been prescribed Minerva and was told(not by my gp)that its more for skin than a contraceptive??Now Im stressing because I need it for contraception!Should I be worried about falling pregnant on Minerva?

Minerva is as effective as the other Pills in preventing pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Sara | 2007/05/15

Thank You for your comments. I will definately be using extra precautions!

Reply to Sara
Posted by: Anne | 2007/05/15

Dear Sara,

From what I know, improved skin is only one of the additional benefits of certain contraceptive pills. The main purpose of ANY contraceptive pill is to prevent pregnancy by about 98% or 99%. Nothing is 100% effective, except abstinance of course... If you want to "top-up" your safety measure you can always use a condom as well.

Hope this relieves some of your fears...

Reply to Anne