Question
Posted by: M | 2003/12/22

Pill & pregnancy

Is it safe to try and fall pregnant, immediately after stop using the pill?

Theoretically some people advise that you wait for three months after stopping the Pill to allow the hormones to clear from your system. However, many women have fallen pregnant immediately after stopping, with no ill effects.

2
Posted by: M | 2003/12/23

Thanks, Belle - will do so.

Reply to M
Posted by: Belle | 2003/12/23

Hi M

As far as I know you can start trying to fall pregnant immediately. My first child was conceived by accident as I forgot to take my pills for a few days (hubby was very upset as we hadn't planned on it). She was a very healthy 3.51kg's and her first apgar score was 9/10. It is however advisable that you do prepare your body beforehand. Start taking extra vitamins beforehand which include folic acid. I had a spina bifida scare with both my children and the stress and waiting is terrible so try to avoid it. If you are not a active person then start going for walks to strenthen your legs and stomach, because you will put on extra weight when pregnant and your legs need to be strong to support you.

Reply to Belle